[extropy-chat] Re-save the world

Morris Johnson mfj.eav at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 03:57:08 UTC 2007

Yes I did think that the dark sails was one of the most dangerous and
idiotic things one could do
with those resources ... but the old solar power satellite  concept might be
scaled up to a network of collectors....beaming light or energy to modify
short, medium and long term meterology.

In a post singularity world we might have the computational power to not
worry about global warming or cooling because what we really need is
controlled global warming and cooling or terraforming and  complete
meterological control over the major baselines of climate.

A dynamic biosphere that is carefully managed can have the best of both.. no
polar caps, marginal desert area, snow in a few arctic preserves like
everest and all the carbon and water
tied up in materials or biosystems.

However, for now I think the global warming/cooling debate is based on
millions of tunnelvisions
and narrow self-centered opinions.

Perhaps all those 750 billions USA invested into the military  in 2006 will
be managed under the advice of Raymond Kurzweil and the singularity dividend
will occur.

Saving the world could be a heck of a lot of fun though.

So I'll repeat the shocker one liner I like to lighten up  conversations
with..
"I'm all for global warming but................................".and so
forth.

Morris