[extropy-chat] D-Wave premiere of 16 qubit processor

Ricardo Barreira rbarreira at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 12:06:38 UTC 2007

AGI can be applied on all those problems of course, what's the doubt
about that? (assuming the AGI is tame/friendly enough to solve
problems for us, of course)

About quantum computing:

1) Protein folding has been proven to be NP-hard. NP-hard is at least
as hard as NP-complete, and it's not thought that QC gives an
exponential speedup for NP-complete problems, only a quadratic
speedup.
2 and 3) If quantum effects are present, I suppose a QC can at the
very least help you simulating nano-machinery, which should be useful.
More than that, I don't know.