[extropy-chat] random links

scerir scerir at libero.it
Fri Feb 16 18:43:44 UTC 2007

> Maybe the question is not only about the 'unreasonable'
> effectiveness of mathematics in natural sciences
> http://www.dartmouth.edu/~matc/MathDrama/reading/Wigner.html
> but also about the 'unreasonable' effectiveness of
> natural sciences in mathematics.

There is a post, 'No more Secrets',
http://kea-monad.blogspot.com/2007/02/no-more-secrets.html
about another possible 'meaning' of those 'zeros'
(of the Zeta function).[1][2][3]

[1]
See also paper #30 in the page
http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/~dusautoy/flash/newleft.htm

[2]
"Our purpose is to report on the development
of an analogy, in which three areas of mathematics
and physics, usually regarded as separate, are
intimately connected. The analogy is tentative
and tantalizing, but nevertheless fruitful.
The three areas are eigenvalue asymptotics in wave
(and particularly quantum) physics, dynamical chaos,
and prime number theory. At the heart of the analogy
is a speculation concerning the zeros of the Riemann
Zeta function (an infinite sequence of number encoding
the primes): the Riemann zeros are related to the
eigenvalues (vibrational frequencies or quantum energies)
of some wave system, underlying which is a dynamical
system whose rays or trajectories are chaotic."
- M.V. Berry and J.P. Keating from "The Riemann Zeros
and Eigenvalue Asymptotics" - SIAM Review 41, n.2 (1999)
236-266

[3]
"The only laws of matter are those
which our minds must fabricate,