[extropy-chat] Space elevator numbers III (2)

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Sat Feb 17 16:30:14 UTC 2007

At 07:06 PM 2/16/2007 -0800, spike wrote:

>snip
>
>Now we need to control all neutron sources.

Only the big ones.  If you want 24 kg of Pu 239, it takes a tenth of kg of
neutrons to make it.

>That and I have been sick for over three weeks now, bronchitis, oy.  The
>medics gave me some drugs today so I should be better soon.

I used to get bronchitis every year, secondary to virus infections.  It is
well known that zinc cuts the duration of colds even if you start taking it
after you get the cold.  So I started taking 50 mg of zinc a day
preemptively many years ago.  Have since rarely had even the first sign of
a cold and other than one time when I could not get zinc, no bronchitis.

Keith