[extropy-chat] Texas Republican memo: It's Jewish conspiracy that Earth revolves around sun

pjmanney pj at pj-manney.com
Sat Feb 17 19:48:27 UTC 2007

For my laugh of the day, I present to you a supposedly real memo, distributed by Warren Chisum, chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, the most powerful committee in the Texas House of Representatives.

In it, he agrees with the attached memo by Rep. Ben Bridges of the Georgia House of Representatives, that Copernicus and Darwin were part of some Vast Jewish Conspiracy...

And therefore, no science education should be funded -- it's against the US Constitution as a conflict between church (temple?) and state!  In fact, all education is a Vast Jewish Conspiracy.  Raised by Jews, I already knew that.  Just good to know others know it, too.  ;-)

http://www.capitolannex.com/IMAGES2/CHISUMMEMO.pdf

Commentary from Alternet:
http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/48125/

Just remember, there is no Vast Jewish Conspiracy to take that education money and put it the politicians' (and their cronies') pockets.  That's a Vast Fundamentalist Conspiracy.

Some days, reality is so strange, that I wonder when I'm going to be offered the red pill or the blue pill...

PJ