[extropy-chat] transmutation of uranium in solution

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 10:03:41 UTC 2007

On 2/18/07, spike wrote:
> > On Behalf Of Keith Henson
> > I used to get bronchitis every year, secondary to virus infections.  It is
> > well known that zinc cuts the duration of colds even if you start taking
> > it after you get the cold...> Keith
>

> Thanks I'll give that a shot, never had a cold or anything last more than
> about a week.  This one has had me feeling crummy for 24 days now.

Sounds like you've discovered the difference between a normal cold and
the winter flu virus. ;)

It hit me last year and pretty well disabled me for a month.

Officially, there are different variants of winter flu virus, some
more severe than others. But generally they say that flu-like symptoms
last about 1 to 2 weeks and leave you feeling weak for up to a month.

The trouble is that if you are not a fighting-fit youngster with a
strong immune system, winter flu often leads to serious complications.

Quote:
The most common complications of influenza are bronchitis and
secondary bacterial pneumonia. These illnesses may require treatment
in hospital and can be life threatening especially in the elderly,
asthmatics and those in poor health.
End quote.

I'm not saying that you are elderly, asthmatic or in poor health!  :)
But winter flu is much worse than the normal three-day colds that people get.
It's definitely not much fun.

BillK