[extropy-chat] EP and discount economics

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Sun Feb 25 18:46:58 UTC 2007

Even if you are *really* up on evolutionary psychology and discount
economics, I think you will find this article interesting, especially in
light of the recent space elevator/SPS threads.  Keith Henson

Climate Change, Sabre Tooth Tigers and Devaluing the Future

Posted by Nate Hagens

"All of our past environmental successes (DDT, Ozone depletion, unleaded
gasoline, etc.) had some sort of smoking gun - an emotional trigger. The
problem with climate change/peak oil, is when we do get the emotional
trigger, it may be a Gatling gun on full bore."

http://www.theoildrum.com/node/2243