[extropy-chat] HEADS UP: despres/frappr

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 19:14:30 UTC 2007

Jonathan Despres has created a frappr map entitled "futurismo, school
of the future".  I just got and email telling me that I had joined
frapper and that I was on said map.  But I hadn't joined.  J. Despres
had apparently created my frappr account, perhaps merely by putting me
on his map.

This is the sort of thing Despres has done before, using people's
names without their knowledge or permission.

I NOTE THAT DESPRES'S MAP/GROUP HAS 120 MEMBERS, AND I SUSPECT THAT
OTHERS MAY BE SHOWN AS "MEMBERS" WHO DIDN'T ACTUALLY CHOOSE TO JOIN,
AND PERHAPS DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT.  NATASHA IS THERE, HER PHOTO
PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED ON THE OPENING PAGE.

If this concerns you, you can go to the frappr site and bring up
"futurismo, school of the future", and check for your inclusion in the
membership list.

--
Best, Jeff Davis

               "Everything's hard till you