[extropy-chat] Fwd: Wikileaks needs you.

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 23:17:01 UTC 2007

Anyone come across this?

Emlyn

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Julian Assange <me at iq.org>
Date: 07-Jan-2007 21:29
Subject: Wikileaks needs you.
To: Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com>

Dear friends!

Are you interested in being involved with a courageous project to reform
every political system on earth -- and through that reform move the
world to a more humane state?

Wikileaks, a project I've been working on is in the middle of an
exponential media cascade.  From a single blog reference 4 days ago to
51,000 google pages now and articles out next week by washington post,
science, new scientist, forbes, etc. people have even translated the
philosophy into german and spanish!  It's great! But we weren't going
to launch for at least two months. Now we have only 22 people trying
to usher in the start of a world wide movement. We don't have time to
reply to most reporter's emails, let alone the interview requests --
and I leave for Africa (wsf2007.org) in under a week!

http://www.wikileaks.org/

Read the FAQ. More details as we write them.

google / blog search wikileaks

If you've ever wanted to help me with something, now is the time. If
you want to pledge support for something that will make a difference,
pledge support for this. Cell phone contacts on http://iq.org  Skype,
'wikileaks'

We need help in every area, admining, coding, sys admining, legal
research, analysis, writing, proofing, manning the phone, standing around
looking pretty, even making tea.

Julian.

ps. happy new year! Sorry if you got multiple copies of this.