[extropy-chat] Fwd: Sam Harris controversy

Benjamin Goertzel ben at goertzel.org
Mon Jan 8 04:39:24 UTC 2007

Wow -- Harris is right, that article certainly did misrepresent his
views in an absurd way...

Shame on Sam Harris for having a moderately intelligent and subtle
perspective that cannot be immediately sloganized in the language of
current popular culture ;-p

Doesn't he know that the popular media can only handle ideas
expressible in proto-language, not ideas requiring nested
phrase-structure syntax for their exposition?  Some people never
learn...

ben g