[extropy-chat] yo extropes

Brian M. Delaney listsb at infinitefaculty.org
Mon Jan 8 17:58:15 UTC 2007

>> In what sense might Americans not be so fully deserving of a Happy New
>> Year greeting?
>
> This to-and-fro is going to lead straight into a cycle of what amount
> to retaliatory trolling, isn't it? For example, I can imagine Brett
> might reply briefly with, say, http://www.iraqbodycount.org/ . But
> that sort of discussion never seems to get anywhere useful on this
> list, and ends up poisoning the well for weeks. (I know, it might be
> argued that I've just done exactly that.)

Apologies, I honestly wasn't sure what Brett was thinking, and sincerely
wanted to know why he thought Americans might not be so fully deserving
of a Happy New Year greeting (I could have made guesses, but didn't want
to). Wasn't thinking that well-poisoning was a risk, but you know the
list far better than I do.

-Brian