[extropy-chat] what is probability?

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Wed Jan 10 17:42:18 UTC 2007

Me:

"Benjamin Goertzel" <ben at goertzel.org>

>That is a prediction of Special Relativity, not General Relativity.

True, but I don't quite see your point, but if you want an example from
General Relativity I will give you one. A clock on the first floor of a
building will run more slowly than an identical clock on the second floor
because it is closer to the Earth's center and gravity is a little stronger
there, so time slows down a little more. That's been measured in the
lab too, and Einstein predicted it and Newton did not. Elegance be
damned.

  John K Clark