[extropy-chat] 22nd Century

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 11:35:52 UTC 2007

I caught most of the show and thought the ideas were presented well with a
fair amount of give-and-take.  I particularly enojoyed the discussion
regarding the fact that chochlear implants are examples of machine-brain
interfaces in use *today*.

For those who want to follow up the PBS URL is:
http://www.pbs.org/22ndcentury/
It looks like they've got 4 segments available in Quicktime and Windows
Media formats.

The only part I objected to was the perspective that this is all 100 years
in the future.  There would have to be a significant deceleration towards
the singularity for everything discussed to not be generally available by
~2040-2050.  Indeed I'm feeling like a luddite already because one can
apparently get podcasts of the segments but I've got no "Pod" to cast to.

Robert