[extropy-chat] ExI profiled?

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 20 21:37:31 UTC 2007

Robert that was Jef posting from Santa Barbara.  I had previously commented
that I was in Northern Taxifornia.  Mighta been confusing with the reply >
thingies.

Natasha’s south of France comment was making a good point that with online
polls, anyone can post anything they want, so estimates based on vogue
memories like the ones I posted before might be as good as the hard numbers
from the poll we took years ago.  My question was extremely open ended;
Natasha’s heart might indeed be in the south of France.  We have German,
Italian, British, Swedish posters but no French ExI-ers as I once noted with
curiosity.

With respect to Mike’s question about how having a baby has changed my
perspective on privacy, one ethical principle that I hold dear is that I do
not wish to impose my own views on others.  I am open to transparency
myself, but my being transparent forces my own son to be partially
transparent, a matter with which he has not yet expressed comfort.  To keep
his options open, I must limit to some extent my own transparency.
Paradoxes abound.

More later on that, diapers are needin a changin.