[extropy-chat] frozen in fire

Jay Dugger jay.dugger at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 06:06:09 UTC 2007

Sunday, 21 January 2007

On 1/20/07, spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> > bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Eliezer S. Yudkowsky
> >
> > In every generation, unto the furthest star and the deepest depths of
> > Time, for as long as that light lasts which began in the human species,
> > there will be those who care for every sibling of the family Sentience.
> >   Those who help freeze you may not know you, but for your sake they
> > have set themselves against Death to shatter the scythe.  And others of
> > that same kind, also shall revive the frozen... Eliezer
>

> Thanks Eli, this is eloquent beyond poetry.
>
> spike

Perhaps that dating of emotional bonds will turn out for the best. The
early generations of cryonics will probably have used crude techniques
compared to the later generations. I think this will probably make
them harder to revive. If your great-great-great grandchild doesn't
remember you well enough to care about your revival, he or she might
care enough to revive your great-great-grandchild, who in turn might
care enough to revive your great-grandchild at a later date, and
presumably with better tools. by induction, this might proceed to your
revival at the latest date and with the best possible tools.

Full of holes, and vulgar next to Eliezer's eloquence, I admit.

--
Jay Dugger
http://jaydugger.suprglu.com