[extropy-chat] all quiet on the extrope front

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 26 02:38:31 UTC 2007

> On 1/25/07, spike wrote:

> > PJ, do explain this google books of which you speak...
>
> :)
> You could always try typing Google Book Search into the Google search box.
> :)
>
> BillK

I propose a word that means "you have asked a question to which you could
have the answer within seconds if you merely use your search engine."  This
word might be used a lot, so let us have a single syllable word, which
returns exactly *no* hits when googled (when googled upon?).  I found after
about 20 tries: dwoorb.  (What is the shortest easily pronounceable word
that returns zero google hits?)

Now when someone posts a googlable question, extropians who are hip might
merely reply dwoorb.  I dwoorbed myself by asking PJ about google books.  I
must remember I am living in 2007 and stop all this reprehensible dwoorbing.

Very soon google will reference dwoorb to this post, therefore asking the
definition of dwoorb creates a cool self-referencing dwoorb.  One can
imagine finding some future archive entry:

>>> Huh?  What are you talking about?  Why is everyone dwoorbing me?

>> Dwoorb dwoorb.

> I don't understand.  Please explain.

Dwoorb, you silly goof, dwoorb!

{8-]