[extropy-chat] Reputation was Education monopolies

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Sun Jan 28 02:25:36 UTC 2007

At 11:22 PM 1/27/2007 +0000, Robert wrote:

snip

>  This is a classical case of "reputation analysis".  I trust the
> reputations of Eric Drexler, Ralph Merkle and Robert Freitas because I
> have read nearly everything each of them has written and have yet to find
> significant flaws.

I am amused.

I don't know about Merkle and Freitas, but _one_ of the reasons Drexler's
writing has few flaws is that he had a bunch of editors and fact
checkers.  (My wife was among them for _Nanosystems_)

Of course being humble enough to know you are not perfect and *need* others
to look at your work before publication is in itself a darn good reason for
high reputation.

Keith