[extropy-chat] Elvis Sightings

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Sun Jan 28 18:31:34 UTC 2007

"Damien Broderick" <thespike at satx.rr.com>

> Published: December 2, 2004
> In a new review of cold fusion - the claim that energy can be
> generated by running electrical current through water - the
> Department of Energy released a report yesterday that says the
> evidence remains inconclusive, echoing a similar report 15 years ago.

The evidence for the existence of phlogiston is inconclusive too. The
newspaper report you quote was more than 2 years ago, computers have doubled
in power in that time; so how have things changed in the cold fusion field
in
all that time? They haven't advanced one inch, zero nada zilch goose egg!
It's
still inconclusive. Prediction time: I predict we will be in exactly
precisely the same situation 2 years from now, or 17. When something remains
inconclusive for that long it's time to move on. And the same could be said
of ESP bullshit.

  John K Clark