[extropy-chat] Parkinson's Law

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 08:52:21 UTC 2007

This is a real oldie (1955), but a gem. Anyone bamboozled by their
demoralizing life amongst the cubes, who's ever wondered if all these busy
people are actually doing anything measurably useful, should read this.

http://alpha1.montclair.edu/~lebelp/ParkinsonsLaw.pdf

"Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion"
Factor I. An official wants to multiply subordinates, not rivals and
Factor II. Officials make work for each other.

I'm sure there's an indirect link to transhumanism in there somewhere. Um,
he uses some statistics. Mmm, statistics...

Emlyn