[extropy-chat] Coin Flip Paradox

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Tue Jan 30 03:42:05 UTC 2007

At 06:02 PM 1/29/2007 -0800, Jef wrote:
>Mike Dougherty wrote:

snip

>  Once in a while I
> > scan for new bits, but keywords like "frequentist" and
> > quotations of other people's ideas usually has me
> > scrolling to the next thought.

snip

>ON the contrary, I think the subject of probability is very interesting
>and relevant to the extropy list.

One thing I didn't see, but perhaps I was not reading every post, is
something both probable and infrequent.  Consider the San Francisco earth
quake of 1906.

Keith Henson

PS.  I was there for the 1989 quake.  Definite memory of getting out of the
building I was in and seeing this tree going swish, swish as it moved back
and forth several feet.