[ExI] scary stuff

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 14 17:12:23 UTC 2007

Jeff Davis wrote:

> The second conversion episode, the one where the fellow was standing,
> was quite interesting.  Watch it carefully.  The man's back is turned.
>  He cannot see what is going on behind him...

Having seen this sort of thing first hand, I would hafta conclude that at
least two audience members, probably three, were in cahoots with Brown.
Jeff, your Ray Charles quote works really well here:

>                "Everything's hard till you
>                      know how to do it."

There is a good chance the first woman was a confederate, to get the
audience in the mood.  The second guy I am not sure about, but I suspect he
was also working with Brown.  Notice how Brown placed the "randomly chosen"
audience member in a certain place.  This would work great if he had
previously placed a picture on the wall in such a way that the audience
member could see a ghost reflection in the glass and therefore know when to
fall back.

>From seeing this, the audience members would then know what they are
supposed to do, suggested by the second demonstration. This power of
suggestion phenom explains why the audience members of a Peter Popov revival
always seem to fall prostate when taken by the spirit, whereas none of the
audience members at a Billy Graham revival fall to the ground.  The Graham
jesus-getters instead weep and raise their arms in praise, but do not faint.
Graham does not employ catchers for falling jesus-getters, as Popov does (he
still does).

Now consider the third scene, where Brown has the audience stand and
experience the influx of some unknown something that they are supposed to be
feeling.  There is a plop as one something-getter falls into his seat.  The
others soon follow suit, which I would argue is another example of the power
of suggestion.  The first falling something-getter might have been in
cahoots to start with.

Brown does not reveal his use of confederates, but he does say that this is
all a trick.  So he broadly hints at it, without specifically denying the
use of confederates in the audience.  If he does not use any confederates,
his powers of hypnosis are impressive indeed.  But I would not conclude from
the videos that he is not using insiders in the audience.

spike