[ExI] ExtroBritannia's July event: How to win friends and influence politicians.

estropico estropico at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 13:53:26 UTC 2007

ExtroBritannia's July event: How to win friends and influence politicians.

Saturday the 28th of July, 2pm, at Conway Hall (Artists' Room), in
Holborn, London. Everyone welcome.

What would it mean if mainstream UK political parties absorbed
Transhumanist ideas into their values and policy? What if dogmatic
inhibition of Transhumanist developments could be transformed into a
rational, national and international reach for technological
salvation? Imagine what might be achieved in just one decade with
Apollo Project-scale, collaborative, multi-national public funding and
regulatory reform. Love it or loathe it, politics drives our national
agenda, and Darren Reynolds wants to tell us how to get into the
driver's seat.

Darren Reynolds is a local government councillor, approved
Parliamentary candidate and party conference insider for a mainstream
UK political party. He's also one of the original contributors to the
Transhumanist Declaration and a sustaining member of the World
Transhumanist Association.

We will be at the Penderel's Oak (see below for the address) from
12.30 for lunch and will move to Conway Hall at 2pm. We'll be back at
the Penderel's post-event for drinks and discussion at approx. 5pm.
Feel free to show up at any stage.

If it's your first time at an ExtroBritannia event, look out for a
copy of Kurzweil's "The Age of Spiritual Machines" at our table.

CONWAY HALL
25 Red Lion Square,
London WC1R 4RL
tel 020 7242 8032