[ExI] Institute for the Study of the Neurologically Typical

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Fri Jul 20 22:56:44 UTC 2007

I came across this site today, and it struck my as applicable to some recent
friction between certain members of this list.

- Jef
<don't look at me that way, I'm certainly not neurotypical>

Institute for the Study of the Neurologically
Typical<http://isnt.autistics.org/>

  [image: Institute for the Study of the Neurologically Typical title, logo,
quote] D <http://isnt.autistics.org/desc.html>
------------------------------
What Is NT?

Neurotypical syndrome is a neurobiological disorder characterized by
preoccupation with social concerns, delusions of superiority, and obsession
with conformity.

Neurotypical individuals often assume that their experience of the world is
either the only one, or the only correct one. NTs find it difficult to be
alone. NTs are often intolerant of seemingly minor differences in others.
When in groups NTs are socially and behaviorally rigid, and frequently
insist upon the performance of dysfunctional, destructive, and even
impossible rituals as a way of maintaining group identity. NTs find it
difficult to communicate directly, and have a much higher incidence of lying
as compared to persons on the autistic spectrum.

NT is believed to be genetic in origin. Autopsies have shown the brain of
the neurotypical is typically smaller than that of an autistic individual
and may have overdeveloped areas related to social behavior.

   - *The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Normal Disorders: 666.00
   Neurotypic Disorder* <http://isnt.autistics.org/dsn.html>

How Common Is It?

Tragically, as many as 9625 out of every 10,000 individuals may be
neurotypical.
Are There Any Treatments For NT?

There is no known cure for Neurotypical Syndrome.

However, many NTs have learned to compensate for their
disabilities<http://isnt.autistics.org/help.html>and interact normally
with autistic persons.
Could I be NT?

Take the *Online NT Screening Test.<http://isnt.autistics.org/ntscreening.html>
*
Papers and Abstracts *The Theory of Social
Delusion*<http://isnt.autistics.org/socialdelusion.html>
*NT Social Skills Deficiencies: A Case
Study*<http://isnt.autistics.org/ntskills.html>
*The Sal and Anne Test: Implications, and Theory of
Mind*<http://isnt.autistics.org/salanne.html> Riviera
N. The Sal and Annie Test: Implications, and Theory of Mind. Journal of
Neurologic Obfuscation. 1998(8):302-987 *Pheromone of Social Delusion:
Theory, Discovery and Primary Test Results.*
<http://isnt.autistics.org/perkons/pheromone.html> *DSN entry for Staff
Personality Disorder* <http://isnt.autistics.org/dsn-staff.html> (added 30
Aug 2004) *DSN entry for Normal Personality
Disorder*<http://isnt.autistics.org/dsn-npd.html>
*DSN entry for Pseudosimultaneous Awareness
Disorder*<http://isnt.autistics.org/psaddiag.html>
*DSN entry for Psychiatry Disorder* <http://isnt.autistics.org/dsn-psy.html>
*NT Theory of Mind* <http://isnt.autistics.org/theory_of_mind.html>
 [image: .]