[ExI] The rock "was The Reality of Categories"

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Sun Jul 22 09:02:57 UTC 2007

Anna wrote:

>>I would ask the alien; "as i've observed the rock
>>for at least 10 years, the rock hasn't changed". At
>>the same time I understand that "the rock" has came
>>in contact with many of species, is the rock
>>different or has the rock changed "the specie".

>>Is this what you where getting at?

>Well, no, because rocks always *do* change, even
>though it's not easy to observe it.

Rocks can't change themself.  They can't do anything.
What happens to rocks depend on the contacts the rocks
makes.

>But if you were to use a microscope, you'd see that
>indeed the surface undergoes alterations in various
>ways, sometimes eroding a bit, sometimes getting a
>tiny thin layer of other material.

The rocks still haven't done anything.  Everything
that surrounds the rock changes but the rock remains
the same yet is altered by the changes.

>When we were discussing that, I believe that my
>correspondents and I were supposing that insofar as
>these tiny changes are concerned, that particular
>species is extraordinarily sensitive.

I would assume that analyzing what are the particles
that surround the rock is extensive research but I
still don't believe that the rock had anything to do
in the aid to understanding it.

>So in this wise it is conceivable that the creature
>might deny the "sameness" of the rock, even though
>to us it clearly had not changed.

I don't understand what you mean, who is "us"?

Thanks Lee, always a pleasure.
Anna:)