[ExI] "Up against the warming zealots"...hmmm

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 14:52:14 UTC 2007

On 7/23/07, Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone else as confused about Global Warming as I am? I can't get a
> clear idea of whether it is real or not, and if so, whether it is
> caused by human CO2 emissions or not. It's clearly important to get
> this right, because
> - if it's not real, we shouldn't be doing all this carbon emission handwringing
> - if it is real and human caused, lowering carbon emissions is a good idea
> - if it is real and not human caused, we still have a very scary
> period ahead in which we need to do something else entirely to cope
> with future rising sea levels and temperature increases.
>
> Emlyn

Your message has prompted me to go out looking for some literature and
resources, and so the following is what I have found. The Wikipedia
article is the most helpful, actually, with 150~ references, and
supposedly a good overview of what's going on- I imagine that lots of
political activists are very set on keeping their claims on the wiki
pages, since it's such a "hot" topic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming_controversy
http://people.ccmr.cornell.edu/~plh2/group/glblwarm/GLBLWARM.HTM (1996)
http://www.eh-resources.org/biblio_climate.html