[ExI] State of California supporting Bussard fusion research?

giovanni santost santostasigio at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 04:09:39 UTC 2007

Hi everybody,
  I'm Giovanni, I have just joined the list, very interesting conversations....
  Well, even if I'm a physicist, I'm not an expert in nuclear fusion (my field is gravitational waves) but ITER mentioned in the article reference in Neil's email is the international effort (and really the only game in town) to achieve controlled nuclear fusion, and there are good reasons why it costs billions instead of millions... Bussard is legit but he seems cut off from the fusion community somehow (he has his own private scientific firm). He is not a crackpot but maybe he is a loose cannon or something....
  but controlled nuclear fusion would be really nice so good luck to him....(and Schwarzenegger).

  See:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_W._Bussard

Neil Halelamien <neilh at caltech.edu> wrote:

  The article is pretty scant on details and I haven't been able to find outside confirmation yet, but it sounds like it could be interesting:

http://www.nextenergynews.com/news1/nextnews7.24b.html