[ExI] "Up against the warming zealots"

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Thu Jul 26 06:40:32 UTC 2007

"Eugen Leitl" <eugen at leitl.org>

>if you can destroy value to the tune  of more than
>a terabuck (and counting) that that value was
> expendable, by definition.

Eugen that's chump change if you're really serious about reducing
CO2 emissions. The extraordinarily silly Kyoto Protocols if
adopted by the USA would cost between 150 to 350 billion dollars
every year (that's Billion with a B) and for all that it would mean
the warming you would see in 2100 would be postponed until 2106.
That's a rounding error! If we spent the same money on clean water
in just 8 years (8 YEARS!) every human on earth would have clean
potable water, this would stop 2 million deaths and prevent a
billion illnesses EVERY YEAR. So I'm supposed to get all weepy
over the prospect of global warming? BULLSHIT!

If it turns out in a hundred years that global warming is a serious problem
then we will deal with it then, but you seem to demand that the Wright
brothers produce a solution to airport congestion before they try to build
their first airplane.

  John K Clark