[ExI] Italy's Social Capital

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 15:02:46 UTC 2007

This is certainly true in my case.

Also, I find it difficult to understand how one can love an abstract
entity like a country. I can love a person, a pet, a city or region
that I know and where I can feel at home, but a country?

A country significantly bigger than San Marino or Liechtenstein is an
abstraction. Nation states are obsolete dinosaurs, and in my opinion
the sooner they are replaced with smaller, interdependent but
independent communities of a manageable size, the better.

Perhaps Italians are just a bit less naive than others, and do not
take seriously the patriotic crap that they hear at school, army,
church etc.

G.