[ExI] a doubt concerning the h+ future

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 3 21:42:09 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Samantha Atkins
> On Jun 3, 2007, at 10:23 AM, John K Clark wrote:
> > ... probability of your keyboard turning into a
> > teapot is greater than zero (and it is) ...
>
> This is getting incredibly silly.  There is nothing in science or
> physics that will allow one macro object to spontaneously turn into a
> totally different macro object... - samantha

It's all in how you define the term teapot.  You spill your tea into your
keyboard; that keyboard now both contains tea and heats it, since there are
electronics in there.  So your keyboard has become a teapot (assuming a very
loose definition of the term.)

Insincerely yours

spike,

who is in the mood for a little silliness on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon in
June.  I hope ye are enjoying being alive this fine day, and think often of
how lucky we are to have been born so late in human history.