[ExI] Unfriendly AI is a mistaken idea.

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 03:05:18 UTC 2007

> The sort of "intelligence" that an ecosystem or an economy exhibits
> is something quite different.

absolutely agreed.  I figured my point would be lost completely.

I was originally going on the suggestion that human intelligence is an
aberration rather than a proven goal of evolution.  I didn't really
have a clear way to express candidate non-human intelligence from a
human perspective.  You got the different aspect I was going for.  How
an AGI works (if/when it works) may end up as alien to human thought
as the interdependent variables in an ecosystem or economy.