[ExI] This would almost qualify as hilarious ... if only it weren't true

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky sentience at pobox.com
Tue Jun 12 06:23:35 UTC 2007

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:
> I'd much, much, much rather get hit with
> a gay bomb than a real bomb.

I guess what I'm trying to say is:
"I'd rather be butch than butchered"
  or
"Better Ted than dead."

I realize that this is a divisive issue, but we shouldn't let our
tribadistic impulses bisext us.  While it's easy enough to make this
new weapon the butt of jokes, whoever possesses it is likely to come
out on top.  And wouldn't the enemy prefer being blown to blown up?
The rejection of this project was a dark day in the anals of orgynized
warfare.