[ExI] Unfrendly AI is a mistaken idea.

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Sun Jun 17 05:17:12 UTC 2007

--- Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:

>We'll survive to the extent that that motivating
>part of us that drives the AI's survives. Very
>quickly, it will probably become evident that merging
>with the AI will give the human an edge. There will
>be a period where some humans want to live out their
>lives in the old way and they will probably be
>allowed to do so and protected, especially since
>they will not constitute much of a threat, but
>eventually their numbers will dwindle.

I have to agree.  I look at it from the point of view
that Science and Technology are always led by people
that believe in future possibilities yet history takes
time to move forward and those "old" ways will need
time to adjust to the future possibilities.  Much like
the Amish, they still exist today.
I do wonder, will technology evolve so quickly that
the gap between the "old" ways and the future, become
too wide?

Thanks
Just curious, something on my mind.
Anna