[ExI] any exact copy of you is you + universe is infinite =youare guaranteed immortality

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Mon Jun 18 15:32:47 UTC 2007

"Lee Corbin" <lcorbin at rawbw.com> Wrote:

> suppose that though the odds are a million to one
> against winning the lottery, but in the case that
> you do win, a trillion copies of you are made (somewhere).
> In that case, which of these two experiences is more "surprising"?

> Case 1:  I did not win.  I'm still home, and broke.
> Case 2:  I did win,

If you discount Many Worlds then you should expect Case 1 because those
trillion copies will ONLY be made if a one in a million event happens. On
the other hand in Many Worlds if there are a million worlds where I lost and
a trillion worlds where I won that that's the way things are regardless and
I can expect to win.

> but there are a trillion of me, and I am even more broke.

Not in Many Worlds because there are also a trillion jackpots.

  John K Clark