[ExI] Next moment, everything around you will probably change

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 01:42:14 UTC 2007

On 21/06/07, Jef Allbright <jef at jefallbright.net> wrote:

> Or back to the biological organism manifesting Disassociative Identity
> Disorder.  I said this supported my point, and you said "thanks"
> without further comment.  In such a case we can agree that the
> physical/functional similarity is total since it's only a single
> organism, but we also agree that that any observer (including the
> observers manifested by that particular organism) will see different
> persons to the extent that they are perceived to act on behalf of
> different entities.

The different personalities in DID/MPD  are generally supposed to be
functionally distinct, in that even if they are the same "kind" of
personality at least one is unaware of the others, and each
personality considers himself distinct with distinct interests. I
guess that's what you mean by agency.

(Let me say again that DID/MPD is a controversial diagnosis in
psychiatry, but it is at least logically possible, so it is reasonable
to use it in discussions like the present.)

--
Stathis Papaioannou