[ExI] Next moment, everything around you will probably change

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Fri Jun 22 05:05:53 UTC 2007

Gordon writes

> On 21/06/07, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:
>
>> I admit that there is irony in the situation of a person or
>> program trying to destroy instances that are identical to
>> itself, even though it has been programmed to safeguard
>> "its own existence".
>
> Not only is it ironic, Lee, but it is in my estimation patently absurd. If
> the instances are at each other's throats, and one kills the other, then
> is it suicide or is it murder? It's murder, I say! :)

What, the scenario that Jef and Stathis and A B and I were
talking about is absurd?  Maybe you are misunderstanding
me or vice-versa. Do you have a problem with the scenario
first advanced, I believe, by Jef that specified that a human
being could be so constituted that were he duplicated, he
and his duplicate would immediately turn on each other
with a vengeance?   It sounds plausible to me, hardly
absurd at all.

Yes, I do get your joke about whether it's murder or suicide  :-)

I say it's suicide!!    :-)

Funny Mark Twain dialog.

Lee