[ExI] Favorite ~H+ Movies

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky sentience at pobox.com
Sat Jun 23 06:34:28 UTC 2007

Russell Wallace wrote:
> On 6/23/07, *Eliezer S. Yudkowsky* <sentience at pobox.com
> <mailto:sentience at pobox.com>> wrote:
>
>     No one did that except Xellos.  Certainly not Ms. Existential Risk.
>
> Didn't she? I thought she reacted about as well as could have been. Of
> course, she didn't blind herself with the magic deathseeking words
> "Existential Risk". If she had, humanity in that universe would be
> extinct right now.

Season 3's use was reasonable.  Season 2... no, I'm sorry, your
boyfriend's life does not weigh reasonably against the entire planet.

>     Oh, and: Geneshaft.  It wasn't very good, but it seemed detectably
>     transhumanist-themed
>
> Okay, haven't read either of those.

Geneshaft's an anime.  *Lots* of books more transhumanist than Geneshaft.

My girlfriend Erin would add "Ghost in the Shell" and she'd be dead
right, come to think of it.