[ExI] The Bad Old Days (was Next moment, everything around you...)

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sun Jun 24 19:12:46 UTC 2007

Stathis writes

> P.S. I am shocked at the acrimony this thread is causing!

Me too.  I really don't understand it.

Yes, when people get annoyed, then all of us will---when
pressed enough---go into ad hominem, and begin writing
a lot of paragraphs whose point is nothing other than
denigrating someone.  Jeffrey had also written

> Boy, things have been tense around here lately.
> We should be entitled to a little fun once in a while,
> right?

All I can say is, "you ain't seen nothin'"!

In my time (mid-90's) none of this would have ever risen
to the level of comment.  And I understand that the
"Flame Wars" of even earlier times were infinitely worse
yet.  Long, long ago, in an email list far away...

Just ignore it.  Think of the unmeasured thickness of John
Clark's legendary skin, and try to admire the comparative
equanimity that lies therein  :-)

Anyway, don't worry on any account:  I'm sure that it will
never get anything like the Bad Old Days.

Lee