[ExI] Favorite ~H+ Movies

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 00:55:36 UTC 2007

On 6/25/07, Randall Randall <randall at randallsquared.com> wrote:
> > The recent movie "The Prestige" had some very strong Transhuman
> > content besides being the best film of any sort made in the last
> > few years.
>
> If by "Transhuman content" you mean "anti-transhuman content",
> of the "trying to better yourself will surely end in ruin"
> variety.

I think it's more the "killing an exact clone of yourself" - are you
still you, or is your "you" somehow diminished per the identity
thread(s)  Instead of a physical copy as in Tesla's machine, the clone
were your software running on another substrate, would you believe you
had the right to terminate the copy if it were unclear who is the
'original'

There's probably some sap in there too for the twins loving the same
woman and her not knowing (much like those who are currently 'in love'
with an other via avatar without knowledge of the human details behind
the persona)