[ExI] and speaking again of weird emailer programs

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 20:04:29 UTC 2007

On 6/26/07, Damien Broderick wrote:
> I wonder if these fragments, from Jef and
> TheHuman, come through other people's systems as illegibly they do on as mine?
>

> >^H\ÙHÀf the word nightmare referred to the threat
> >œ›ÛHHÝ@per-hi-tech weapons that may soon be
> >

> and so on.
>
> It's not as if Eudora is some quirky start-up.

I use gmail, so no problem for me.
Their spam filters work fine too.

But perhaps you could try:
<http://windharp.de/software/utf8iso.htm>

UTF8 to ISO plugin V1.60 for Eudora (11/2006)

Why is this plugin needed?

The e-mail standard says that all e-mail programs modified 1999 or
later must (read "must"!) understand UTF-8 encoded e-mails. The people
at Qualcomm didn't manage to make Eudora UTF-8 compliant, though. So
e-mails you receive that are in UTF-8 may contain funny characters.
Change to a different client? No, Eudora is fine. It is among the best
e-mail clients I have ever seen. Except for this bug, that is...