[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 45, Issue 34

Elaa Mohamad emohamad at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 12:43:00 UTC 2007

Eugen Leitl wrote:
> > Just wait, you ain't seen nothing yet!
>
> Yeah. As a first step, do not yield your biometrics to any entity,
> commercial or government. Switch off your mobile phone most of the
> time (remove the batteries if you really want to make sure).
> Do not let any online entity (Google, ahem) gather information about you.

What good would that do? If someone/some thing really wants to learn
all the info there is about me, they'll find a way. Google might not
have your personal info, but some database somewhere in the system
surely has. In such a high tech world as it is today, I don't think
there is a truly secure way to escape from "being followed" or "being
bugged" - if indeed someone wanted to follow you or listen to your
phone conversations :)

Eli