[ExI] What surveillance solution is best - Orwellian, David Brin's, or ...?

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 22:02:51 UTC 2007

Although, short of moving into space, I would "prefer"
a Brin type of surveillance over the short term
(compared to Orwellian) - if such a system were
possible - of which I'm skeptical. I would rather be
watched 24/7 by my peers for five years than be dead,
permanently. Of course ideally, no surveillance would
be necessary or desirable. Sadly, this isn't an ideal
Universe. Is the "Brin version" not the dominant
system being advocated?

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Herrlich