[extropy-chat] The Anthropic Principle

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Fri Mar 2 20:38:23 UTC 2007

I often ponder why there is something rather than everything.

My usual answer is the anthropic principle, but outside our neat little
domain lies all the other Tegmark Level 4 possibilities.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics

Natures' uncertainty priniciple/randomness goes against man's desire.
We want certainty despite the obvious irrationality of
beliefs/thoughts.
  The Tegmark Level 4 possibilities are states of potentialities where
some exist in our universe of quantum gravity and relativity.

Hypothetically there are some other universes where our laws of physics
cannot reach yet. A utopian universe is what we want now not in the far
future. The transhumanist thought appeals to the techno-savvy minds who
believed in artificial intelligence.
  But are they reality challenged if they are not aware of the random
processes of nature {{the uncertainty principle }?

Terry