[extropy-chat] FW: greenpeace doesn't like ethanol either

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 00:25:34 UTC 2007

On 3/8/07, spike wrote:
> Oops my information was out of date.  Greenpeace likes nukes now:
> http://www.terrapass.com/terrablog/posts/2006/04/greenpeace-founder-goes-nuc
> lear.html
>
> I have long been an ethanol fan, but in the long run I actually think the
> nuke people are right on.

He's not a supporter of Greenpeace now.

Greenpeace are anti nuclear power.

Greenpeace are also in favour of wind farms. Yes, they admit that a
few birds are killed by windmills, but global warming is reckoned to
be a far greater threat to bird populations. In the UK about 10
million birds are killed by cars every year. And cars kill many
animals too, as well as birds. (And humans also, of course).

<http://www.greenpeace.org/international/campaigns/climate-change/solutions>

The Greenpeace web site says they support:
Energy efficiency. (insulation, economy cars, etc.)
Wind power
Solar power
Geothermal power
Some types of bioenergy
Hydroelectric power (wave power and river power).

BillK