[extropy-chat] cryonicist living life in reverse

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sat Mar 10 14:06:08 UTC 2007

Stathis writes

there is no difference between living your life forward and living your life in reverse, provided that each expereince is exactly
the same at each moment in each case,  e.g. you don't remember being 40 when you are 20. It is like imagining that you swap places
with George Bush: if you remember being you when you are him then something interesting has happened, but if you instantaneously
swap over his body and mind for your body and mind, then no-one will notice any difference, and in fact it could have happened while
you read the last sentence.
<

How do you know that consciousness (and hence benefit over a life worth living)
isn't dependent on entropy increase?

Yes, I know that computations can be made reversible, but until a lot more is
known about all this, I'll have my computations run in the forward direction
with entropy increase, thank you.

Lee