[extropy-chat] cryonicist living life in reverse

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Mon Mar 12 22:53:02 UTC 2007

Eugen points out that the visible universe doesn't have enough compute
power for a GLUT (giant look-up table capable of passing an extremely
thorough Turing Test to the point that no difference between its behavior
and that of a human is detectable).

Firstly, this is an argument about principle.  It shouldn't depend either on
timescale nor on contingent astronomy facts.  According to Tegmark,
anyway, the universe is infinite;  again, even if we can never reach certain
parts of it receding from us, so what?  We don't want to depend on
arguments that work only in our universe, but not in other MWI branches
totally identical to ours except for astronomical facts.

Lee