[extropy-chat] War Is Easy To Explain - Peace is Not

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 06:01:54 UTC 2007

On 3/14/07, Damien Broderick wrote:
> That was half my point. The other half was that the equivalent now is
> not nations but ferocious pockets of underclasses.

That also partly explains the wide differences in life expectancy
between different groups in society. (As well as violence, there is
also drugs, disease, access to medical services, etc.)

It is very significant that a young black male on death row actually
has a longer life expectancy than if he was out roaming the streets of
death.

BillK