[extropy-chat] Precognition on TV

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 04:14:25 UTC 2007

--- "Eliezer S. Yudkowsky" <sentience at pobox.com>
wrote:

> Damien Broderick wrote:
> >
> > Evidently this sort of extravagant expectation
> does not attend your
> > reading of quantum experiments designed to send
> detectable
> > information back into the past
>
> Actually my head would probably explode on that one
> too, unless there's
> some reason why the physics don't misbehave in the
> particular way that
> would make my head explode.  Has to do with
> something called the Markov
> property.

If it has something to do with Markov property, that
would entail your head was already very close to
exploding. Quick someone insert control rods into
Eliezers ears to stabilize his head. ;)

Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"Nature which governs the whole will soon change all things which thou seest, and out of their substance will make other things, and again other things from the substance of them, in order that the world may be ever new." -Marcus Aurelius, Philosopher and Emperor of Rome.