[extropy-chat] [agi] DARPA Ends Brain Reverse Engineering Project

Ben Goertzel ben at goertzel.org
Fri Mar 16 16:11:17 UTC 2007

Well, Novamente LLC submitted a proposal to this that was rejected.

My impression was that most of the recipients of the BICA funding did
not have credible AGI approaches, and many were in fact relatively new
to the AGI problem.

The recipients were by and large smart scientists with interesting
ideas, but I don't think DARPA did a tremendously good job of picking
out projects with deep and relatively mature AGI designs.

So, I am not too surprised by this conclusion...

-- Ben