[extropy-chat] Gapminder acquired by Google

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Fri Mar 16 21:06:58 UTC 2007

Whohoo!  We can expect yummy Google data dressed up in very sexy
Gapminder style!

Like most (geek) males, I'm very visual(ization) oriented.

<http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2007/03/world-in-motion.html>

"...we are excited to announce that we have  acquired Gapminder's
Trendalyzer software, and we welcome the Trendalyzer team to Google.
Trendalyzer generates moving graphics and other novel effects in the
display of facts, figures, and  statistics in presentations. In its
nimble hands, Trendalyzer views development data—such as regional
income distribution or trends in global health—as literally a world of
opportunity. Like Google, Gapminder strives to make information more
useful, and Trendalyzer will improve any function or application in
which data might be better visualized."