[extropy-chat] Precognition on TV.

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 21:42:14 UTC 2007

On 3/16/07, Damien Broderick wrote:
> This sort of data is not interesting to John, but it did intrigue Nobel
> laureate Kary B. Mullis (Polymerase Chain Reaction), who sat in Dean
> Radin's lab and saw aggregated presponse data he'd just generated
> himself (
> http://discovermagazine.com/web-exclusives/25-greatest-science-books-intro/
> ). Once again--this is not an argument from Authority (I could only
> lose, at the moment, attempting such a move); it's an indication that
> you don't have to be a fool to accept the available evidence. I now
> await the character assassination this will attract to Mullis, as it
> has already to Josephson.

Oh dear. Please don't quote Mullis as a reference.

No need for a character assassination. He does it himself.
He is a nut case and proud of it. He has written an autobiography
boasting about his strange adventures and beliefs.

<http://www.amazon.com/Dancing-Naked-Mind-Field-Mullis/dp/0679774009/>
Dancing Naked in the Mind Field by Kary Mullis

where he records:
He thought OJ Simpson was innocent
belief in astrology
thought he was saved by an astral traveller (via astral projection)
convinced he was abducted by aliens
believes HIV does not cause AIDS
human pollution does not cause global warming
CFCs don't ruin the ozone layer
and, of course, does telepathy and esp
etc.

Also see
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kary_Mullis>
where the controversy about his Nobel prize is discussed.

BillK